Improov 3.5 new features - Voice chat, new GUI, performances
03 July 2018
– Voice Chat: You can now use the microphone from your HMD or laptop to communicate more naturally in collaborative sessions.
– Security: Network security has been improved to use RSA 2048
– New GUI: The dekstop graphical user Interface (GUI) has been completely reworked to provide a more natural experience, including a “Getting started” window to speed up the setup process.
– VR Performances have been greatly improved.
Complete 3.5 changelog
– Collaboration: Add voice chat to Improov.
– UI: Full GUI rework.
– Performances: Overall improvement of performances for HMD.
– UI: Add Getting Started wizard.
– Import: Easily import multiple files at once.
– Environment: Allow import of skybox from a panoramic image (360 equirectangular panorama).
– Installation: Add new multi-languages installer (available in english, french and chinese)
– Installation: Reduce size of installer.
– UI: We simplified settings windows.
– UI: Add a notice when we’re unable to find a model when importing.
– UI: Using the same dialog boxes in desktop and immersive mode.
– Tools: Changing default value for multiple selection to deactivated.
– Tools: You can now rename extrusions.
– UI: Default panel on immersive mode is now tools.
– Import: Fix crash when loading some STL files.
– Import: Fix crash when loading some GLTF2 files.
– Import: Various fixes for GLTF2 importer.
– Import: Various fixes when loading OBJ files.
– Tools: Fix issue when deleting an object sharing its material with other objects.
– Tools: Fix orientation of cutting plane.
– Tools: Changing the measures extremities to resize depending on its distance to the user.
– UI: Fix multiplication of message windows when clicking multiple time the “Close” window button in desktop mode.
– Performances: Fix performance bug when reframing big model.
– VOIP won’t be available when importing a model.
– UI: Keep the last five connections in Getting Started, Settings and Connect popup.
– Import: Add an example file (helicopter_rotor.step) in personal folder.
– UI: Handle more keyboard shortcuts in GUI (Ctrl+A, Start, End).
– Import: Removed the legacy model server user/password setting.
– UI: Fix issue where physics accuracy was not visible in the manikin popup.
– UI: Fix icon which wasn’t updated when user is unable to speak and listen.
– Tools: Fix user scale regression introduced in 3.5.0
– Documentation: Enhance bat starting files in order to include how to setup a server.
– Tools: Also hides avatar hands when hiding avatar.
– License: Fix bad popup redirection when activating a license key.
– UI: Fix icon when importing multiple files.
– VR: Fix controllers inversion that was happening when using HTC Vive.
– Cluster: Fix crash when user does not have the correct IMA password.
– Cluster: Fix user head that wasn’t synced.
Share this post
MiddleVR is a French VR software company created by former Dassault Systèmes engineers and focused on professionals. Founded in 2012, MiddleVR has offices in Paris, France and Shanghai, China.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Creative Valley 11 rue Carnot, 94270 Le Kremlin-Bicêtre
18th floor – 1805, Lü Di Shang Wu building
1258 Yuyuan Road
200050 – Shanghai, China